If your answer is no and you are only drinking your tea, you're missing out on a world of delicious culinary opportunity, from risotto to soups, from to smoothies to scones.
Today we bring you an easy and delicious way to start your tea cooking journey.
An amazing Smoky Tomato Soup with French Lentils made with our Lapsang Souchong Tea
Smoky Tomato Soup with French Lentils
- 1 tablespoon safflower, grapeseed, or other neutral oil
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, peeled, roasted, and finely chopped (1 cup)
- 3 cups Lapsang Souchong tea, brewed (1 tablespoon loose)
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup French lentils
- 1 (820ml) can whole peeled tomatoes with the liquid
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- Place an 8-quart stockpot over medium-low heat for 1 minute. Swirl in the oil to coat. Sauté the onion, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add the bell pepper and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the tea, water, lentils, and the liquid from the tomatoes.
- With your hands, break up the tomatoes over the pot and drop them in. Stir in the salt, red pepper flakes, and thyme. Turn the heat up to medium and cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes, then cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for an additional 10 minutes or until the lentils are tender. Purée or blend until almost smooth with some chunks. Serve with Parmesan Thyme Crisps.
Easy and delicious!