Matcha is much more than an energy boost and is famous for its high antioxidants and polyphenols. Here we take a little more time to go into it in more detail, so you can understand exactly what that means.
Matcha for Cancer
Studies have found that the number of regular Green Tea drinkers that died of cancer is very low. Analysts believe that astringent substances of green tea i.e. the tea polyphenol have a significant tumor suppressor effect. Although it remains to be proven. It is however known and proven that polyphenol can protect the human cell membrane, preventing cell mutation. This is a medical fact and has been tested. As cancer is caused by mutations in the cells - it is often found that those recovering from Cancer will start to drink matcha/green teas in their efforts to suppress future tumours.
Matcha to Help you Live Longer
Matcha is full of Polyphenols. Polyphenols not only give matcha its lovely green colour, but they are also hugely efficient antioxidants. Antioxidants can delay the aging of the body and make people live longer. And they can also reduce the ultraviolet ray and the environmental pollution of DNA damage in cells, slow down the cell membrane of fat oxidation and the erosion of blood vessels and internal organs of the human body. All contributing to a longer and healthier life. So Matcha promotes long life.
Other Effects of Polyphenols found in Matcha
- to prevent the formation of blood clots in the blood.
- to inhibit blood neutral fat and cholesterol increase.
- to promote liver recovery of excess blood low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C),
- to maintain blood cholesterol high density lipoprotein (HDL) function,
- to reduce the body's low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C) high density lipoprotein
- to increase the body cholesterol (HDL) effect.