“Love planted a rose, and the world turned sweet” (Katharine Lee Bates)
The Rose is renowned for being a beautiful, romantic, flower of love. Sometimes we forget that these beautiful flowers have much more to offer. You can smell, watch, and consume them! Join us in discovering some of their health and beauty benefits.
Roses - a simple recipe to be beautiful!
You can use rose water as a conditioner for your hair, as a toner for your face or to fight acne. Alternatively, add several drops to your bath to relax. Rose water will also help to soften and smooth your skin while reducing blotching and redness and swollen pots under the eyes!
Take our recommendation and prepare rosewater at home! Watch this video :
Rose petal tea – super healing power!
Vegalisious portal listed the most important health benefits of the rose plant. Have a look how much you can gain by simply drinking tea containing rose petals!
“The reasons for the diuretic effects of the roses are they contain Vitamin C, pectin, malic and citric acids.
1. It clears toxins and heat from the body. As a result it has a cooling effect on the body.
2. It can relieve from sore throat, runny nose and blocked bronchial tubes.
3. It is useful to people those prone to chest problems by fighting against infections.
4. Rose tea helps to fight the infection in the digestive tract and re-establish the normal bacterial population of the intestines.
5. It relieves fluid retention and hastens the elimination of wastes through kidneys.
6. It is a wonderful remedy for dysentery, diarrhea and gastro enteritis.
7. It is a laxative. It works as a remedy for all liver problems including sluggishness and constipation. [ding, ding, ding... the bells are going off!]
8. It cleanses the liver and gall bladder and promotes bile flow.
9. Rose petal tea can be used to relieve uterine congestion causing pain and heavy periods. It is an excellent remedy for irregular periods and infertility.
10. It has an uplifting effect on the nervous system and can relieve insomnia, depression and fatigue.”
Aphrodite blend is relaxing, yet uplifting with warming, sensual ingredients. This is an ideal caffeine free option for those who wish to have an energising tea without the negative affects of caffeine.
The name of this blend even reflects the benefits of roses. Aphrodite is the Greek goddess of inter alia love and beauty!
Tell us more about your favourite ways of using roses and rose products! If you find this interesting please share, like and comment!